School Chaplaincy Training
June 24 - June 28
Community Chaplain’s Training Conference
2019 – Educator’s Focus
This Community Chaplaincy training is targeted towards Educator’s and is broken up into four days. These sessions (30 hours – 30 lessons) are designed to prepare those who have been or are currently working in the field of education and desire to provide spiritual and emotional support to their colleagues. There is a graduation and commissioning service on the Sunday after the last training event.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday – 8:30 am – 5:30 pm (1.5 hours for lunch)
THE GENERAL MINISTRY TRAINING INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
• Who is a Chaplain?
• Finding the Right Ministry to Fit Your Temperament
• Healthy Self – Helping Others
• Establishing Relationships Conducive to Ministry
• Learning to Listen
• Families at Risk
• Issues of Aging in the Marketplace
• Stages of Grief
• Ministering to Terminally Ill Persons
• Ministering to Families Touched by Death
• Ministering to Those With Drug & Alcohol Addiction
• Acceptance Without Compromise
• Ministering Effectively in Crisis Situations
• Understanding Ministry Resources
This training is available at a greatly discounted rate due to ministry partners who understand the importance of training volunteer chaplains and have underwritten a major portion of the expenses involved in conducting training events. The cost for the 30 hour training event, Hands-on-Ministry Training Manual and volunteer training certification is only $170 per person ($300 per married couple – only one manual included with couple’s rate).